Dr. Helen’s Dental & Implant Studio is a full-service dental surgery in Prahran East, Victoria. While she serves everyone in the community, the practice has gained a large vegan patient base because Dr. Helen strives to make her practice as minimally-harmful to not only her patients but to animals, too!
She uses non-animal derived products where available. For instance:
• Using human donor bone in bone grafting surgeries
• Working with a pharmacist who uses non-gelatine capsules for compounding
• Avoiding the use of ‘catgut’ or sutures, which are porcine or bovine-based
• Reducing waste by using an amalgam-retaining suction that stops harmful metals from entering the water supply
• Using a heat-based sterilisation product for metal instruments instead of disposable plastic materials
• Urging a plant-based diet during nutrition consults for optimum dental health
• Electing to use models instead of the commonly-used pig jaws in surgery training
It’s worth mention that Dr. Helen also offers plant-based milks for tea and coffees in the practice and sugar-free vegan chocolate for a little treat after check-ups!
Dr Helen Voronina is the principal dentist at "Dr Helen's Dental & Implant Studio". Having graduated from the University of Melbourne and later from the Brener Implant Institute, in her practice she places emphases on the implant, aesthetic and reconstructive dentistry. She is a member of the Australian Dental Association, The International Congress of Implantology and The Australian Society of Implant Dentistry (ASID). She is a former chairperson for the National Dental Foundation and an official dentist for the Melbourne Hearts Football Club.